Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades 6-8| In Activities for Building Character and Social-Emotional Learning, hundreds of user-friendly lesson plans help educators build attitudes of respect and caring, reduce problem behaviors, empower students to solve problems, and educate the whole child socially, emotionally, and academically. This resource guide offers:
- Monthly themes focused on emotions, empathy, relationships, conflict resolution, bullying prevention, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, and self-esteem
- Easy-to-implement lesson formats for all activities: Read, Discuss, Do, Relate
- Literature-based lessons with curriculum integrations for using the lessons as part of language arts, social studies, science, math, art, and music
- Built-in assessments
The Grades 6-8 resource guide has been successfully used in middle schools during advisory time and classroom meetings. The guide provides specific, easy-to-use activities that allow students to have conversations, learn through inquiry, and feel empowered to change through self-monitoring of their creative thinking. Students use creative ways, including art, drama, writing, music, and reading, to express themselves and reflect on their experiences. Key concepts:
- Me and my school community—what I need at school, cool rules, and respecting differences
- Discovering our feelings—character building, dealing with anger, stress, and attitude makes a difference
- My support system—friendship factors, stress stoppers, peer pressure, and people who care about me
- Respect yourself and others—the language of respect, blaming, compassion, and private space
- Bullying—being cool enough to care, bully survey, courage to be a positive bystander, and how to handle bullies
- Teaming up for success—accountability, leadership, verbal and nonverbal communication, and cooperation
- Conflict resolution—keeping my cool, problem solving steps, and team spirit
- The power to choose—targeting good choices, learning from my choices, thinking before acting, and making a difference at school
- Follow your dreams—positive role models, using my gifts and talents, self-discipline, and setting goals
Field-tested in classrooms across the United States, the Safe & Caring Schools system when fully implemented has resulted in improved school climate, greater parent engagement, increased academic achievement, and reduction in discipline referrals. The teacher resources support the standards from the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) for the infusion of social and emotional learning into the classroom. Those key competencies are: Awareness of Self and Others, Positive Attitudes and Values, Responsible Decision Making, and Social Interaction Skills. In addition, the material correlates with standards for social studies, language arts, health, and other areas of the curriculum.
Includes digital content link: Downloadable digital content includes all reproducible forms from the book.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!