Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades PK-K| In Activities for Building Character and Social-Emotional Learning, hundreds of user-friendly lesson plans help educators build attitudes of respect and caring, reduce problem behaviors, empower students to solve problems, and educate the whole child socially, emotionally, and academically. This resource guide offers:
- Monthly themes focused on emotions, empathy, relationships, conflict resolution, bullying prevention, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, and self-esteem
- Easy-to-implement lesson formats for all activities: Read, Discuss, Do, Relate
- Literature-based lessons with curriculum integrations for using the lessons as part of language arts, social studies, science, math, art, and music
- Built-in assessments
Use the PK–K Guide to teach young children positive life skills through daily practice. The activities teach the whole child by allowing them to be curious, active, imaginative, and part of the learning process. This guide helps teachers work within a framework toward specific goals, but also encourages them to be creative in helping children express themselves. Themes developed during the year:
- Learning about me and my safe and caring school
- Discovering my feelings and the feelings of others
- Caring people
- Respect for myself and others
- Getting along with others
- Making good choices
- My talents and the things I can do
Field-tested in classrooms across the United States, the Safe & Caring Schools system when fully implemented has resulted in improved school climate, greater parent engagement, increased academic achievement, and reduction in discipline referrals. The teacher resources support the standards from the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) for the infusion of social and emotional learning into the classroom. Those key competencies are: Awareness of Self and Others, Positive Attitudes and Values, Responsible Decision Making, and Social Interaction Skills. In addition, the material correlates with standards for social studies, language arts, health, and other areas of the curriculum.
Includes digital content link: Downloadable digital content includes all reproducible forms from the book.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!