|Grades K-2| What is more important then teaching young children the value of decision making? Everyday every child is faced with situations that require him or her to make decisions. The concern is not whether children will make these choices, it is whether or not they will make wise choices. Critical Decisions combines the effective teaching technique of storytelling with making wise choices, and offers 20 lessons on a variety of topics:
- Keeping Promises--Rita Rabbit learns that her decision not to keep her promises was the cause of problems for her family and friends.
- Kindness--A lion learns that being rude leads to having no friends.
- Following Rules--Kite decides to ignore the rules of safe kite flying and almost ends up in a disastrous situation.
- Citizenship--Bear comes out from hibernation and finds his friends have ignored the ways to respect the environment.
- Caring for Pets--Forced to spend the day with her pets because of illness, a girl learns that pets are faithful and humans should be conscientious about tending to their needs.
- Respecting the Elderly--When an elderly grandfather comes to live with Joshua and his family, he learns what a great friend an elderly person can be.
- Respecting Mentally and Physically Challenged Persons--A simple demonstration shows children that although physical appearances may differ, it is what is inside that counts.
Also included are lessons and stories on bullying, positive thinking, helpfulness, perseverance, making good choices, self-esteem, feelings, saying no to drugs, treating everyone equally, thankfulness, stranger dangers, and setting goals. Each lesson is complete with presentation guidelines, reproducible story, discussion questions, and follow-up activities.
By learning to make good choices at an early age, children will develop a life skill that will serve them throughout their lifetime.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!