Digital Download Grades 5-9
In today’s world, children and adolescents are faced with many challenges, and dealing with these challenges requires resiliency. Developed by a former Ohio school counselor, these activity-based lessons teach children the techniques necessary to rebound and recover from difficult or challenging situations.
These eight lessons, taken from Resiliency: Skills to Rebound & Recover, focus on changing thoughts and impulse control.
- Pre- and Post-Test
Answers for Pre- and Post-Test
- Activity 1: Control Impulses to Change Thoughts
Insects and Animals (Reproducible Activity Sheet)
- Activity 2: Look for the Silver Lining
Situations (Reproducible Activity Sheet)
- Activity 3: Words to Avoid When Giving Ourselves Messages
Turning Negative Messages into Positive Messages (Reproducible Activity Sheet)
- Activity 4: Control (Impulse Control)
Circle Worksheet (Reproducible Activity Sheet)
- Activity 5: Stop, Think, Act (Impulse Control)
- Activity 6: Interpreting Quotations
- Quotations (Reproducible Handout)
- Activity 7: Using Humor
Humor (Reproducible Activity Sheet)
- Activity 8: Daily Log
Print version of entire book is also available: Resiliency Skills to Rebound & Recover with CD
|Format||Digital Download - 3.06 MB, PDF files, zip packaged
|For use with||Small Groups, Classrooms
|Page Count||26 pages, 8.5 x 11
|Author||Becky Kirby, M.Ed.
|Topics||Resiliency, Impulse Control, Positive Attitude
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!