|Grades 1-4| Sailing New Seas is a comprehensive program for elementary school students who have moved to a new home and a new school or expect to do so soon. In today’s mobile society, an increasing number of students are experiencing this transition.
This program is designed to:
- provide educational, emotional, and social support for students and families in transition. Typical transitions include:
- students entering a new school
- students soon to transfer to a new school
- students who are going to experience a family move
- explore the feelings and fears related to a family move and the development of skills useful in coping with moving-related problems.
- provide specific methods and programs which will help students adjust—emotionally, socially, academically—to a new school and a new community.
Sailing New Seas includes a seven-session small group that deals with adjusting to a new situation. For those students leaving the school, there is a two-session group to help them with the transistion. In addition, in order for all children to understand how students leaving and entering a school feel, there is a classroom guidance session.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!