Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades 3-6| When someone close to a child is incarcerated it can be very confusing, frightening, and upsetting. Frustration, grief, anger and the uncertainty of the situation can make things worse. Someone I Love is In Prison is written to help guide children through this difficult experience helping kids understand:
- What happens when a person goes to prison
- What does it mean and a basic explanation of court proceedings
- The feelings the child may have about their special person being in prison and effective ways to manage them (Including, feeling alone and abandoned, feeling unwanted, feeling a sense of hopelessness about the future, and feelings of anger grief and loss.)
- How to make wise decisions and stay on the right path
The comprehensive work/activity book written by a school counselor is intended to help the counselor gently guide each child through the process of dealing with this difficult time. The child will have the opportunity to express the turmoil he’s been experiencing and the resultant effects in his life. Positive coping strategies are introduced and discussed. The child can be taught how to use these strategies effectively so they can grow emotionally and deal with the current situation in a constructive way. The child’s responses to the activities can help the counselor assess the depth of emotional instability and the progress the child has made in dealing with the issues involved.
The accompanying counselor’s guide contains detailed presentation information and talking points for each activity in the workbook as well as additional resources including: Definitions of terms and roles common in the court/legal system, tips for parents and guardians, as well as sources for additional information. This workbook can be used in individual or group sessions.
This includes one copy of the workbook in English and Spanish and the counselor’s guide (English only) as well as the complete program on CD for easy reproduction.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!