Digital Download: Grades K-8
Today’s students might one day work in careers that have not yet been developed. They will need to be creators, innovators, mathematicians, artists, scientists, and engineers. Today’s students, more than any previous generation, will be challenged to solve problems, gather and evaluate information, and cultivate new technologies.
STEAM for the School Counselor is based on the premise that the majority of 21st century careers will require Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math skills. Each lesson involves project- and problem-based learning. Students usually work in groups that are given a problem to solve as a team. While working together, they build problem-solving skills, research and form ideas, and practice presentation, collaboration, and
STEAM for the School Counselor: Engineering includes:
How to Use This Book
- Self Reflection: How Well Did You Do?
- Group Reflection: How Well Did Your Group Do?
Engineering in Counseling Activities* - Focus Topics - Suggested Grade Level
- Mood Meter - Feelings • Self-Regulation (K-1)
- Five Minute Challenge - Cooperation • Teamwork (K-8)
- Community of Blocks - Cooperation • Community • Career Education Teamwork (1-2)
- Paper Airplane - Listening • Observation (1-3)
- Popsicle House - Collaboration • Problem-Solving • Teamwork (3-8)
- Marble Maze - Cooperation • Communication • Teamwork (3-8)
- House of Cards - Cooperation • Self-Control • Teamwork (3-8)
- Friendship Bridges - Cooperation • Planning • Teamwork (3-8)
- Cooperation Tower - Cooperation • Planning • Teamwork (3-8)
- Emotional Roller Coaster - Cooperation • Planning • Feelings • Teamwork (4-8)
- More Than a Boat that Floats - Respect • Cooperation • Planning • Teamwork (4-8)
- Creating Furniture - Cooperation • Planning • Teamwork (5-8)
*Some lessons require additional materials such as Legos, craft sticks, pipe cleaners, duct tape, marbles, decks of cards, plastic cups, etc.
To purchase the entire printed book, STEAM for the School Counselor, CLICK HERE.
eBooks and eLessons are non-returnable.
|Format||Digital Download - 3.54 MB, .zip/PDF files|
|For use with||Small Groups, Classrooms|
|Author||Teshia Stovall Dula, Ed.S.|
|Topics||Communication, Teamwork, Cooperation, Feelings
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!