Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 1000 and pay only $26.95 each
|Grades K-3| “In Manner’s family of giants he was one of five. The only one who knew using manners would help him survive. His brothers and sister thought you had to be big and loud, in order to be seen and heard in a crowd.”
Children will learn essential life-skills as they follow the adventures of the Li’l Giant called Manners and his four siblings—Hit-Em-In-The-Side, Puller-Of-The-Hair, Kicker-In-The-Shin, and Fist-A-Cuffs! The stories, lessons, and activities in this program will keep students engaged as they learn how good manners and appropriate behaviors can make a positive difference as they connect with peers on computers or cellphones, ride on the bus, socialize in the cafeteria, and face difficult situations. Includes five lessons:
- Lesson 1: The Li’l Giant Called Manners (benefits of using good manners)
- Lesson 2: Hit-Em-In-The-Side Likes To Ride (respect for self and others)
- Lesson 3: Puller-Of-The-Hair Learns To Share (proper etiquette while social networking)
- Lesson 4: Kicker-In-The-Shin Likes To Offend (good behavior in the cafeteria and developing positive social skills)
- Lesson 5: Fist-A-Cuffs Thinks He’s Tough (good behavior and decision-making)
Each lesson can be presented to small groups or classrooms, and also includes two options for presenting the lesson’s story, The Li’l GIANT Called Manners:
- Option 1: Read the story aloud to the students and show the picture or display the story on an interactive whiteboard or a computer.
- Option 2: Give each student a copy of the story’s reproducible coloring-book style student booklet and crayons or markers. As as you read each page of the story, pause and allow a few minutes for the students to complete the drawing or instructions printed on the illustrated page.
Each lesson also offers 7-9 creative activities to choose from including: The Manners Song, Pass the Plate Please Activity, How to Listen Respectfully Cards, Gossip Game, Pay It Forward Cards, Face-To-Face Problem Solving Steps Cards, Controlling Anger Activity, Drawing Fist-A-Cuffs, plus discussion of the topics and vocabulary building. The activities give students a better understanding of the topic and how the skills addressed in the lesson can benefit them now and in the future.
The program includes:
- The Li’l GIANT Teaches Big Lessons (8.5 X 11, 24-page softcover lesson and activity book)
- The Li’l GIANT Called MANNERS (8.5 X 11, 46-page full-color softcover storybook)
- CD-Rom with PDFs for each of the 5 printable student booklets, full-color storybook, printable posters, and MP3 files of the Chant and Manners songs.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!