Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades 3-5| The concept of Homelesness can vary quite widely and you may be surprised to find that you have children that are struggling with homelessness in your school. According to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, a child is homeless if he/she:
- Has a primary nighttime residence that is a shelter designated to provide temporary living accommodations such as shelters, motels/hotels, domestic violence shelters, and transitional housing.
- Lives in a car, park, abandoned building, public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
- Lives temporarily in a trailer park or camping area due to the tack of adequate living accommodations.
- Lives “doubled-up” with another family, due to loss of housing, stemming from financial problems.
- Is abandoned at a hospital.
- Resides in a home for school-aged, unwed mother or mother-to-be, if there are no other available living accommodations.
- Is awaiting foster care in limited circumstances but does not include placement in a foster family, foster family agency or group home.
- Is placed by the state in an emergency shelter due to lack of alternative housing.
- Is an abandoned, runaway or throwaway youth or migratory child living in any of the circumstances described above.
These children have unique concerns and problems. The emotional, physical and academic impact on these children is devastating. Many experience high levels of stress, physical ailments and low academic performance.
Where is Home? helps both professionals and parents guide these children through this difficult time and helps them develop coping strategies which can enable them to succeed in spite of their circumstances.
Includes the workbook (in English & Spanish), counselor's guide and CD with reproducible documents.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!