|Grades K-12| The counselor is not the strategy. The counselor teaches strategies.
As counselors, we spend our days helping kids. Kids come to us with a variety of problems, searching for answers. They want us to listen. And they need us to give them solutions for the issues they are facing.
While these solutions may work temporarily, we really never help kids until we give them tools—or techniques—to manage thoughts and feelings on their own. Our job is not to do it for them. Our job is to teach them how to do it themselves! This is the greatest gift we can give.
In 15-Minute Counseling Techniques, Allison Edwards provides tools to use in individual or group counseling sessions with children in grades K–12. Children will learn how to calm their mind and body with Square Breathing, let go of negative thoughts by Changing the Channel, identify their unique gifts by creating a “What I’m Good At” Jar, and so much more.
The techniques in this book will help children feel empowered to face everyday challenges and equipped to manage their stress and emotions. And, best of all, you will give them the confidence they need to handle challenges throughout their lives.
- ANXIETY: Worry, Stress, and Fear (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT and MANAGEMENT for K-12 Schools (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS: Strategies for Educators, Counselors, and Parents (15-Minute Focus Series)
- DEPRESSION: Signs and Strategies for Counselors, Educators, and Parents (15-Minute Focus Series)
- GRIEF: Processing and Recovery (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SELF-HARM and SELF-INJURY: When Emotional Pain Becomes Physical (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SUICIDE: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention (15-Minute Focus Series)
- TRAUMA and Adverse Childhood Experiences (15-Minute Focus Series)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!