Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades 1-2| In Activities for Building Character and Social-Emotional Learning, hundreds of user-friendly lesson plans help educators build attitudes of respect and caring, reduce problem behaviors, empower students to solve problems, and educate the whole child socially, emotionally, and academically. This resource guide offers:
- Monthly themes focused on emotions, empathy, relationships, conflict resolution, bullying prevention, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, and self-esteem
- Easy-to-implement lesson formats for all activities: Read, Discuss, Do, Relate
- Literature-based lessons with curriculum integrations for using the lessons as part of language arts, social studies, science, math, art, and music
- Built-in assessments
One of the key components of the Grades 1–2 materials is teaching kids to get along. Teachers are encouraged to use classroom meetings (circle time) throughout the day to deal with misunderstandings, bullying, inappropriate language, and social conflicts that arise inside and outside the classroom. By doing so, a forum is created where students can share their feelings, as well as review, process, and discuss ways to positively resolve conflicts. The more than 100 lesson plans and activities give multiple opportunities to capitalize on the teachable moments. Key concepts explored in the program:
- Me and my safe and caring school—how to be an Ambassador of Peace
- Discovering our feelings—learning how to Stop, Think, Choose
- My support system—caring for others and being a friend
- Respect yourself and others—using good manners or bad manners
- Caring about one another—helping to prevent bullying
- Cooperation—how to team up for success
- Getting along with others—using conflict resolution skills
- The power to choose—growing responsibility
- Follow your dreams—using my gifts and talents
Field-tested in classrooms across the United States, the Safe & Caring Schools system when fully implemented has resulted in improved school climate, greater parent engagement, increased academic achievement, and reduction in discipline referrals. The teacher resources support the standards from the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) for the infusion of social and emotional learning into the classroom. Those key competencies are: Awareness of Self and Others, Positive Attitudes and Values, Responsible Decision Making, and Social Interaction Skills. In addition, the material correlates with standards for social studies, language arts, health, and other areas of the curriculum.
Includes digital content link: Downloadable digital content includes all reproducible forms from the book.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!