Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get 10% off
|Grades 3-5| In Activities for Building Character and Social-Emotional Learning, hundreds of user-friendly lesson plans help educators build attitudes of respect and caring, reduce problem behaviors, empower students to solve problems, and educate the whole child socially, emotionally, and academically. This resource guide offers:
- Monthly themes focused on emotions, empathy, relationships, conflict resolution, bullying prevention, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, and self-esteem
- Easy-to-implement lesson formats for all activities: Read, Discuss, Do, Relate
- Literature-based lessons with curriculum integrations for using the lessons as part of language arts, social studies, science, math, art, and music
- Built-in assessments
The Grades 3–5 resource guide, like all the other Safe & Caring Schools volumes, is structured to be student-centered. The 100+ activities create opportunities for students to ask questions, discuss their interests, and find out what motivates them to get along with others. The lessons help students improve their social skills and use them as they practice teambuilding, communication techniques, deal with friendship issues, and express their feelings in appropriate ways. The materials can be used in an individual classroom, across a grade level, or throughout the entire school. Key concepts:
- Me and my safe and caring school—rules and our classroom community
- Discovering our feelings—what can I do when I get angry
- My support system—give and take, compassion, and friendships
- Respect yourself and others—good manners, honesty, equality, and inclusion
- Bullying—mean words hurt, kidding vs. teasing, and getting help
- Teaming up for success—responsibility, leadership, and sharing
- Conflict resolution—listening skills, attitude matters, and using a Stop, Think, Choose process
- The power to choose—making positive and wise choices, consequences of choices, and being fair
- Follow your dreams—heroes, perseverance, and mobilizing your dreams
Field-tested in classrooms across the United States, the Safe & Caring Schools system when fully implemented has resulted in improved school climate, greater parent engagement, increased academic achievement, and reduction in discipline referrals. The teacher resources support the standards from the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) for the infusion of social and emotional learning into the classroom. Those key competencies are: Awareness of Self and Others, Positive Attitudes and Values, Responsible Decision Making, and Social Interaction Skills. In addition, the material correlates with standards for social studies, language arts, health, and other areas of the curriculum.
Includes digital content link: Downloadable digital content includes all reproducible forms from the book.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!