|Grades K-12| In 15-Minute Focus: Anger, Rage, and Aggression, Dr. Raychelle Cassada Lohmann gives counselors and educators a primer on how to support students who struggle with anger, rage, and aggression.
It is often said that the aftermath of a storm is worse than the storm itself, and the same is true about anger, rage, and aggression. Unfortunately, the repercussions of anger can be extensive, and the cleanup process is often met with hefty consequences and vast destruction.
Anger-related issues are the most common reasons children are referred for mental health services. Prolonged periods of anger and aggression have been linked with depression, suicide, substance use, and more long-term psychological and physical health issues such as anxiety, cardiovascular disease, and premature death.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- The distinct characteristics of anger, rage, and aggression and how they differ
- The causes and symptoms of anger, rage, and aggression
- Ways to integrate culturally inclusive practices
- Strategies for self-regulation and de-escalation
- Ways to support parents and families dealing with anger, rage, and aggression
We have to help our students learn coping skills early. By doing so, we may be helping them live longer and more meaningful lives. This book will help you better understand the scope of anger, rage, and aggression but, most importantly, support you in helping your students learn effective ways to manage anger, rage, and aggression.
Digital resources included.
THE SERIES INCLUDES:
- 15-Minute Counseling Techniques that Work
- ANGER, Rage, and Aggression (15-Minute Focus Series)ANXIETY: Worry, Stress, and Fear (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS: Strategies for Educators, Counselors, and Parents (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT and MANAGEMENT for K-12 Schools (15-Minute Focus Series)
- DIVERSITY, Bias, and Privilege (15-Minute Focus Series)
- GRIEF: Processing and Recovery (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SELF-HARM and SELF-INJURY: When Emotional Pain Becomes Physical (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SUICIDE: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention (15-Minute Focus Series)
- TRAUMA and Adverse Childhood Experiences (15-Minute Focus Series)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!