Digital Download Grades 6-9
In every segment of society, cooperation produces more effective results than individual effort. Spotlight On Life Skills focuses on this fact to enable students, teachers, and administrators to work together to make their school a better place to learn. Divided into 41 different topics and including extras for six holidays, each of the program’s 170 daily lessons consists of:
• Spotlight: Introducing the daily topic
• Introduction: Relating the topic to students’ real-world experiences
• Discussion: Developing questions to explore values and success strategies
• Summary: Synthesizing discussion material
• Today: Practicing target behavior in the school setting
At the conclusion of morning announcements, homeroom teachers present the Spotlight, read the Introduction, and conduct the Discussion portions of the day’s lesson. Ten minutes later, the principal reads the Summary and Today portions of the lesson to the entire student body.
Other uses for this program include classroom guidance lessons, individual counseling sessions, social skills groups, behavior-intervention program curriculum, and resources to address teachers’ target needs. Includes ASCA standards.
- Work Habits
- Coping Skills
- Study Skills
- Personal Growth
- Friendship Skills
The author, Lois Rothberg, a middle school counselor in Maryland, based this program on more than 30 years of experience plus various theories and research. Her middle school has used this character-development/advisory program for years. At the end of each year, students evaluate the program. Data collected from the 2008 school year indicate:100% of students listed that the topics that were helpful:
- 98% of students specified something about succeeding in school that they learned from the program
- 98% of students specified something about getting along with others that they learned from the program
- 98% of students specified something about themselves that they learned from the program
- 97% of students listed something they learned from the program that will help prepare them for high school
- 95% of students listed something they learned from the program that would help them succeed in the future at work
eBooks and eLessons are non-returnable.
|Format||Digital Download - 2.7 MB download, PDF file
|For use with||Individuals, Small Groups, Classrooms
|Page Count||280, 8.5" x 11", black & white
|Topics||Social Skills, Behavior, Life-skills
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!