Digital Download: Grades K-8
Today’s students might one day work in careers that have not yet been developed. They will need to be creators, innovators, mathematicians, artists, scientists, and engineers. Today’s students, more than any previous generation, will be challenged to solve problems, gather and evaluate information, and cultivate new technologies.
STEAM for the School Counselor is based on the premise that the majority of 21st century careers will require Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math skills. Each lesson involves project- and problem-based learning. Students usually work in groups that are given a problem to solve as a team. While working together, they build problem-solving skills, research and form ideas, and practice presentation, collaboration, and
STEAM for the School Counselor: Art includes:
How to Use This Book
- Self Reflection: How Well Did You Do?
- Group Reflection: How Well Did Your Group Do?
Art in Counseling Activities* - Focus Topics - Suggested Grade Level
- Farming and Agriculture Careers - Career Education • Cooperation • Teamwork (K-2)
- My Family Story - Pride • Self-Esteem • Following Directions (K-2)
- Following Directions with Fabric Paint - Listening • Sharing • Taking Turns • Teamwork (K-3)
- Dyad Drawing - Creativity • Communication • Cooperation (K-8)
- Our Class Masterpiece - Cooperation • Self-Control • Teamwork (K-8)
- A Page in My Life Story - Feelings • Self-Discovery • Support (K-8)
- Paper Doll Story - Support • Cooperation • Teamwork (2-4)
- A Piece of the Puzzle - Diversity • Self-Worth • Teamwork (2-5)
- Worry Dolls - Anxiety • Worry • Listening • Teamwork (2-8)
- My Mask - Feelings • Self-Discovery • Tolerance (3-8)
- Map in My Heart - Ice-Breaker • Self-Discovery (3-8)
- My Life on a Clock - Time Management • Responsibility • Goal Setting • Teamwork (4-8)
*Some lessons require easily obtainable additional materials such crayons, construction paper, fabric paint, craft sticks, etc.
To purchase the entire printed book, STEAM for the School Counselor, CLICK HERE.
eBooks and eLessons are non-returnable.
|Format||Digital Download - 5.41 MB, PDF file/.zip file
|For use with||Small Groups, Classrooms|
|Author||Teshia Stovall Dula, Ed.S.|
|Topics||Communication, Teamwork, Cooperation, Anxiety
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!