|Grades K-12| In 15-Minute Focus: Suicide: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention, Dr. Melisa Marsh gives school counselors and educators a step-by-step primer on how to navigate the death of a student or staff member by suicide.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide is the second leading cause of death for individuals ages ten to thirty-four. This statistic underscores the impact suicide can have on our schools. It can shatter a school community and leave students and staff feeling helpless, angry, and confused. In this book, Marsh unpacks the stigma and data associated with suicide, and provides school counselors, educators, and administrators with ways to implement a suicide-safer community.
What you’ll get:
- Specific language to use when talking about suicide
- Strategies for implementing suicide prevention, suicide intervention, and suicide postvention programs
- Research and data to help communicate risk factors
- Ways to support students in a virtual environment
- Over 20 pages of invaluable templates, including safety plans, email scripts, assessments, checklists, and more!
The death of a student or staff member by suicide is something no school wishes to navigate, but Marsh gives the tools needed to face these hard and challenging situations with understanding and hope.
THE SERIES INCLUDES:
- 15-Minute Counseling Techniques that Work
- ANGER, Rage, and Aggression (15-Minute Focus Series)ANXIETY: Worry, Stress, and Fear (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS: Strategies for Educators, Counselors, and Parents (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT and MANAGEMENT for K-12 Schools (15-Minute Focus Series)
- DIVERSITY, Bias, and Privilege (15-Minute Focus Series)
- GRIEF: Processing and Recovery (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SELF-HARM and SELF-INJURY: When Emotional Pain Becomes Physical (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SUICIDE: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention (15-Minute Focus Series)
- TRAUMA and Adverse Childhood Experiences (15-Minute Focus Series)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!