Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 or above and pay only $25.15 each
|Grades 3-5| A complete program for developing self-esteem in young children. The development of self-esteem has been a primary topic in the past, is now in the present, and will be in the future because it is a recognized fact that self-esteem is the foundation needed for the development of beneficial life skills. The Self-Esteem Garden includes 10 lessons based on 12 premises vital to the evolution of positive self-esteem. Each lesson has:
- An overview which gives the facilitator a complete description of what the children will gain from the presentation.
- Pre-Presentation Information, an in-service like presentation which explains the premises covered in the lesson and a detailed explanation of each as they relate to self-esteem.
- A step-by-step description of the lesson’s presentation to the children.
The program relates everything to a garden and each child completes an individual booklet which is added to each session. The Self-Esteem Garden analogy shows readers that:
- Good Soil is important to the growth of a garden as positive and supportive people are important to children’s growth
- Garden Tools are necessary to cultivate a garden as behavioral, cognitive, verbal, and emotional skills are necessary for children’s growth
- Flowers are a positive result of a good garden, and positive qualities, attributes and skills are a positive result of good self-esteem
- Fences are necessary to keep a garden safe from predators, and boundaries are necessary to protect children’s self-esteem and keep them from becoming emotionally detached, aggressive, or withdrawn
- Weeds must be removed from a garden because they damage the garden, and negative thoughts must be removed from the child’s thinking because they damage the child’s perception of his/her self-esteem
- Gardeners are the caretakers of a garden as children are the caretakers of their self-esteem
This motivating, all-inclusive program will give you the tools you need to help children develop positive self-esteem, including a pre- and post-program evaluation. The CD includes grayscale PDF files of all the reproducible pages. PDFs on CD are level 1 Whiteboard Compatible.
The authors, Karen Hammond and Dave Deardorff, have over 37 years of experience in education. During that time they have developed their beliefs about self-esteem from examining numerous authors and researchers. Based on their findings they concluded that healthy self-esteem includes making good choices, dealing with various life situations in healthy ways, they are worthwhile, and their needs and wants are as valid as the needs and wants of others. From this they developed the 12 premises of healthy self-esteem which are presented in this program.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed