|Grades K-12|In 15-Minute Focus: Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences, Dr. Melissa Louvar Reeves gives counselors and educators a primer on how to support students who have experienced trauma.
Trauma interferes with the executive functions required to be successful in the classroom; and it impacts our ability to trust our environment and others. In this book, Reeves explains trauma and the overlap with anxiety, and provides understanding for behaviors associated with trauma and why they occur, along with a variety of strategies for school mental health professionals, educators, and administrators.
What you’ll get:
- Identification of the different types of stress and symptoms that accompany trauma exposure
- Explanation of commonalities between externalizing disorders and trauma and stressor related disorders
- Practical strategies for school mental health professionals, educators, administrators, and parents
- Curated list of resources, including organizations, training, curriculum, books, and more!
This guide will provide school counselors, educators, and administrators with an increased understanding regarding trauma and effective interventions to provide better supports that facilitate growth and achievement in all areas of life.
THE SERIES INCLUDES:
- 15-Minute Counseling Techniques that Work
- ANGER, Rage, and Aggression (15-Minute Focus Series)ANXIETY: Worry, Stress, and Fear (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS: Strategies for Educators, Counselors, and Parents (15-Minute Focus Series)
- BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT and MANAGEMENT for K-12 Schools (15-Minute Focus Series)
- DIVERSITY, Bias, and Privilege (15-Minute Focus Series)
- GRIEF: Processing and Recovery (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SELF-HARM and SELF-INJURY: When Emotional Pain Becomes Physical (15-Minute Focus Series)
- SUICIDE: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention (15-Minute Focus Series)
- TRAUMA and Adverse Childhood Experiences (15-Minute Focus Series)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!